Whether the trademark is a company name or a tagline or logo used to symbolize the source of a company’s products or services, trademarks are an important business asset in today’s global economy. Our trademark practice group has extensive experience in the acquisition, registration, maintenance and enforcement of trademark rights.
Our Trademark Practice Group provides services that include the following:
- Reviewing and recommending trademark protection strategies
- Registrability and availability searches
- Preparing, filing and prosecuting trademark applications in Canada
- Coordinating the filing and prosecuting of trademark applications in countries throughout the world
- Representing clients in opposition proceeding and summary cancellation proceedings
- Trademark validity and infringement opinions
- Trademark litigation
- Advising on the proper use of trademarks
- Due diligence in commercial transactions
- Trademark licensing and assignments
- Trademark portfolio management
Trademark Practice Group
Please contact any of the members of our Trademark Practice Group for further information.